Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Costume Ideas 2011 : Dia De Los Muertos (day of the dead) Sugar Skull



Hey everyone! WOW, I am so freaking excited about sharing this tutorial with you all! So this is my actual costume I am wearing this year, a Dia De Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, Sugar Skull. I had an amazing time doing the tutorial, but I also had the BEST TIME doing a Photoshoot for the look with an AMAZING photographer! As the photos trickle in, I promise to post them!! But I couldn't wait to show it to you all!! So if you would like to see how this super awesome look is accomplished, then watch the tutorial below, and for a list of the products I used, look just below the tutorial! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :)

TUTORIAL:



PRODUCTS USED:
- NYC jumbo eyeshadow pencil in Milk or any white face paint
- white powder or eyeshadow (I used mine our of my coastal scents contour and blush palette)
- NYX jumbo e/s pencil in black bean
- black eyeshadow of choice (I used the one out of my origianl 88 palette)
- white eyeshadow of choice (I used the white in the ELF quad in Drama)
- NYX ultra pearl mania shadow in Torquise Pearl
- Mixing medium such as MAC Fix+ or ELF Studio setting spray (or you can just use water)
- Black pencil eyeliner (use one that is very smoooth...I am using one from Essence)
- Lengthening Mascara (Maybelline XXL)
- Red eyeshadow (mine is out of the same 88 palette)
- Red eyeshadow base or Red lipstick (I used one from NYC)
- Glitter pen's in red and blue (you can also use sequins or rhinestones)
- Temporary Tattoo's (the ones I used are available at Walmart in the Halloween section for $1.98)

FOR THE HAIR:
For my hair, I slicked back the sides and did a very large poof in the front. Then I stuck several flowers on to one side.

FOR THE COSTUME:
Well, I wore a designer gown for my photoshoot! lol But for Halloween, make sure to wear black, lots of lace, and possibly a veil if your going as a widow.

2 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Wow.this is quite an extravagant production. Good job!

www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Wow, this is so awesome. I definitely need to get on the hallowe'en band wagon and post a look or two!
xx
Alicia

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin